Saturday, December 12, 2015

Walt's Office Ghost Story


In December of 2014 I attended the cast member and family Holiday Celebration at the Burbank Studios, where I took the opportunity to view some of the artwork in the corridors. I remembered that Walt's Office was in one of the buildings and asked a security guard for directions. He knew which building it was in, but wasn't exactly sure where it might have been in the building, but I headed over anyway.

Nearly everyone was at the party, so the halls were empty. I ran into some very helpful party-poopers who directed me upstairs and also told me a ghost story about Walt.

Apparently the IT Networking group does maintenance in the building after hours, when no one else is there. Some of the technicians have reported that when they've been working particularly late they have heard Walt's distinctive cough in the area of what used to be his office. 

Here's a photo I took from the hallway outside. The endless reflections in the full glass door add a rather eternal perspective and Mickey is there, standing as guard and sentinel over his muse's former workplace. It's was a bit dark and gloomy. 

True to Walt's wishes. I've plussed the image up a bit. Perhaps I should bring it out once or twice a year for Halloween and his birthday.

Full size it's 4x4 and 400 dpi, so it should print nicely. Please feel free to share.

-df

No comments:

Post a Comment